Mon, Oct 28|
4633 World Pkwy Cir
Counseling on Access to Lethal Means (CALM) Training
Time & Location
Oct 28, 2019, 8:30 AM – Oct 29, 2019, 12:00 PM
4633 World Pkwy Cir, 4633 World Pkwy Cir, Berkeley, MO 63134, USA
About the event
51% of suicide deaths are related to use of firearms.
Research suggests that putting space and time between an individ-ual in suicidal crisis and lethal means can save lives. Therefore, re-moving access to lethal means during a suicidal crisis is key in suicide prevention.
However, the conversation on removing and safe storage can often be a difficult one to have.
In this CALM Training, participants will learn:
- How CALM can help to prevent suicides
- Why it is important to focus on firearms
- How to talk to individuals/families about firearms
- How to talk to individuals/families about other suicide methods
- Review case studies and practice having the conversation